Author Topic: Welcome to the Original Library Music Themes (v7)  (Read 68587 times)

Greta

• Administrator
Re: Welcome to the Original Library Music Themes (v7)
« Reply #255 on: October 26, 2020, 05:31:09 AM »
Welcome TheMaiz.
G.

Gophrette Power

« Reply #256 on: November 01, 2020, 09:25:24 PM »
BAM BAM!!!
So excited to be inside this sick project... I LOVE SO MUCH LIBRARY SOUNDS.
I gonna try to share with you my audio passion.
See YA soon...
--
Gophrette Power

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #257 on: November 01, 2020, 09:42:30 PM »
Welcome Gophrette Power.
G.

koolazyx

« Reply #258 on: December 31, 2020, 06:16:48 PM »
Hi!

First, happy new year and best wishes to all of you!
Second, I am more than thankful for letting me join this forum... i am amazed by the magnitude of music and knowledge you ladies and gentlemen possess!

I've found out about library music just recently... considering myself a melophile i kinda feel ashamed not knowing much about production music. Have stumbled upon this forum accidentally while searching for a better rip of DWSLP 3428 (this album and a few tracks from Janko Nilović on Montparnasse got me hyped for library music). Slowly i found out about Brian Bennet, Alan Tew, Alan Hawkshaw, Franco Micalizzi... now there is no turning back,  i've almost forgot about commercial music, spending my free time only to search and discover the world of production music.

Unfortunately, i am no vinyl collector... with my salary and living standard i can not afford to be one. What i can afford is a modest computer, and a hi-fi system... so i am left with a digital storage. Even if i can't be a vinyl collector, i can still be a vibe collector ;). Music is the only thing, beside sex and "substances", that can give me goose bumps, not to mention that sometimes is the only thing that can lift me up when i am feeling down. It can be my tear in the eye, my anger manager or peace of my mind. It definitely is a universal communicator and the pleasure of living... without it, life would be dull.

I have a huge respect for all you generous people here, sharing your collections and make music, which is otherwise hard to come by, accessible to people like me... you are the reason that sometimes my days become brigther.  You wouldn't believe how grateful i am. Unfortunately, this is my begining in library music, thus i am not really useful for you... but if there is anything that comes to your mind where i could help, don't hesitate, please do let me know! Rest assured, if i ever find something or stumble upon that wasn't posted here... you'll be the first to know.

Enjoy the holidays... thank you once again!
Kind regards!
Lux

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #259 on: December 31, 2020, 06:21:31 PM »
Hey Lux. Welcome and donít underestimate the value of enthusiasm and a friendly post here.  It counts for a lot.  You are in for a big journey as the world of library music is vast.  Itís one Iíve enjoyed for a while how and like you it fills a big part of my life and I listen to it a lot. 
Have fun and happy new year.

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #260 on: January 01, 2021, 10:25:16 AM »
As Retro says..

Welcome aboard Lux.
G.

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #261 on: January 01, 2021, 01:34:42 PM »
Welcome, Lux!
| Stack |

TC_Musicman

« Reply #262 on: January 13, 2021, 12:55:31 PM »
Hi everyone,
Good to be here and thanks especially to Daniel for sorting out my login when the confirmation emails got lost in the ether!

My interest in library/instrumental music dates back over 40 years to the days of the BBC test card.  I remember my parents telling me the story of how I was 'kicking off' as I wanted the television on but they kept saying they don't show any programmes during the day.  To 'shut me up' they switched it on "look! nothing" - but there was something - I immediately shut up and sat there peaceful as you like listening to the music.  My Mum was forever grateful to the BBC test card!

When I got my first record player, My Dad would come home with instrumental LP's, the usual suspects Mantovani, Geoff Love, 101 Strings - all lovely music but it didn't sound like testcard music.  When I was a few years older I discovered it was library music and at the time this music was all over the place, not just the test card but it was playing in stores, McDonalds, TV shows and just about anywhere and thus my collecting started.  I've had to streamline the collection over the past few years but that has coincided with a lot of material being released from the vaults of various publishers and made available.  There's still a fair few things I'd love to get hold of and over time I may be asking for your collective help and knowledge!

Thanks for reading and hope to interact with some of you soon.

Tony

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #263 on: January 13, 2021, 01:49:02 PM »
Welcome Tony! And thanks for sharing your story.
| Stack |

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2021, 12:26:25 AM »
Welcome Tony.
G.