Author Topic: It's good to be back @ LMT!  (Read 153 times)

Muff Diver

• Secret Squirrel is watching!
It's good to be back @ LMT!
« on: August 11, 2020, 07:08:59 PM »

"Ladies and Gentlemen, The Muff has entered the building!"

And I"m damned glad to be here!  I don't know how long my stay will last, but i'm hoping I'll be here for an extended engagement.

I don't recall when I was actually here previously, but it seems like I've been gone since February or March. And while I don't feel I owe any explanations, it just seems wrong to be a member of a community then suddenly "vanish" for long periods of time, then suddenly "reappear" with no word. That behavior is for transients and moochers, not for members of a community such as ours. LMT is a special place for yours truly and I would never disrespect the folks in this community.

All i can tell you is that with this ongoing COVID Plague, I've had several serious issues, like a series of wildfires, one after the other, both personal and w/ my own health. There's been some losses and frankly, I've had plenty to deal with.

After dealing with all that, I felt mostly drained. Little energy for much else, and certainly no interest. I haven't even been listening to music, let alone reading anything, or hanging out here.

For my part, I've really missed LMT and the stars that inhabit this board. Actually, I've missed all of you and I've thought of you often.

Last week, waking from my depressed slumber, I managed to purchase 2 De Wolfes and 3 more OTR LPs on eBay. My birthday's coming up, what can I tell ya? Maybe next year that Gold Bricking Santa Claws will send me a new turntable so I can actually rip some of this vinyl I'm slow-w-w-ly accumulating. We shall see.

I'm guessing it's going to take me several days, if not weeks, to catch up on everything I've missed. I won't pester for reups, unless it feels like an emergency (like if I'm going to spontaneously combust if I can't survive w/o a specific download). Please, be kind.

That's all for now. Hugs and Kisses (but w/ strict observance of social distancing)!

md
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: It's good to be back @ LMT!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 07:20:28 PM »
A big LMT hug back at you and feel free to ask for re-ups.  You have contributed plenty.   Hope you’re feeling more positive and well. Missed you.

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 12:54:18 AM »
Missed you indeed, me too. Welcome back MD.
And for sure, don't hesitate asking for re-ups whenever you feel the need.
Best wishes to you, and to speedy recovery!
G.

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 02:42:42 AM »
Welcome back, Muff. I'm sorry to hear about your past troubles, but happy that the darkness seems to be lifting and all is growing brighter.

The golden age is upon us...
| Stack |

a8detective

• a8detective - YouTube
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 04:18:23 AM »
     Nice to see you back, Muff!

Muff Diver

• Secret Squirrel is watching!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 08:24:21 PM »
Thank you all for your warm replies.

I feel like I"m coming back home after a long trip, and I've got to get "old business" out of the way (everything situated and up to speed again) before I can begin with "new business."*

Except that I want to take shortcuts and skip ahead to the good stuff rather than catching up. My greedy ears hunger for more Library sounds! This is not unlike childhood (or adulthood in certain cases) where you had to eat all your veggies before you can enjoy dessert.

*Please refer to Robert's Rules Of Order if you've any questions on that scope   :)
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

Rocco

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 08:52:40 PM »
Hi Muff, I'm happy to see you back here!  :)

Flemming

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 09:17:27 PM »
You know we love you Muff, all the best for you and your greedy ears  in the future.  ;)