Author Topic: Help to get LP converted  (Read 194 times)

electropianist

Help to get LP converted
« on: January 14, 2021, 05:20:20 AM »
Hi there,

I have a LP but no way to convert it to flac.
I was wondering if anyone of you live in Bay area, California so I can mail it to do this favor for me.

I appreciate it in advance.

bongo_rock

Re: Help to get LP converted
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 03:15:48 PM »
Hi electropianist!

I don't live in the U.S...

..but don't you think it's easier to just invest in a USB turntable, or a cheaper one with RCA cables and do it yourself?
In my opinion, they're not that expensive and they come in handy for sure as you might want to listen to more music in the future. :)

Have a great day!

electropianist

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 08:53:08 PM »
Hi electropianist!

I don't live in the U.S...

..but don't you think it's easier to just invest in a USB turntable, or a cheaper one with RCA cables and do it yourself?
In my opinion, they're not that expensive and they come in handy for sure as you might want to listen to more music in the future. :)

Have a great day!

Hi and I appreciate your great suggestion. I did not think about it.
Any idea on what USB turntable is good in the market?

bongo_rock

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 02:54:10 PM »
There are several above average manufacturers, such as Sony and Audio Technica, on the market.

The benefits of using a USB turntable is that you won't need the extra set of cables and stereo converter.
It's only the turntable and your computer, all included in the box of most of the available choices.

I suggest that you take a trip to your local music store and take a look at the stuff they have for sale.
I'd say "follow your gut feeling" about the potential choice.

It'll be great. :)

electropianist

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 09:23:55 PM »
There are several above average manufacturers, such as Sony and Audio Technica, on the market.

The benefits of using a USB turntable is that you won't need the extra set of cables and stereo converter.
It's only the turntable and your computer, all included in the box of most of the available choices.

I suggest that you take a trip to your local music store and take a look at the stuff they have for sale.
I'd say "follow your gut feeling" about the potential choice.

It'll be great. :)

I appreciate it very much. It was very kind of you to share your opinion.

Take care!