Author Topic: Hello and a request  (Read 184 times)

Sevrin

Hello and a request
« on: October 06, 2020, 12:28:57 PM »
Hello, great to find this site. Loved library music for many years especially artists like Brian Bennett and Keith Mansfield. At the moment I'm trying to locate the music used in All Creatures Great and Small. Johnny Pearson did write original music for the show but a lot was library music. I've located a lot from series one and with the help of Shazam found some cues by Brian Bennett and James Clarke. I'm really struggling though with a few cues from the second series, I'm wondering if anyone can help or give me a few pointers. Thanks

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: Hello and a request
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 12:36:18 PM »
If you can load up some mp3s or if the episodes are in YouTube the time stamps where the I know tracks occur I can have a listen.  I’d post that in the Track ID section though so it doesn’t get missed.

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 11:29:55 PM »
Welcome Sevrin.
G.

Snowdog

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 08:10:34 PM »
Can't see anything in Track IDs yet, so I'll pop this here for safe keeping...

New pieces written after the first run of the series appeared in the second run, but these have not been released as a soundtrack. A few of them appear on Pearson's 1988 two-part release, KPM 1000 Series: Johnny Pearson Piano and Orchestra, including the notable trumpet piece "Country Fayre", the flute-driven "Fields and Hedgerows", the piano-based "A Ride in the Sun" and the orchestral "Thames Rhapsody", "Crystal Breeze", "Odd Moments", "Camelia Dance", "Lovers and Friends" and "Village Green". Also, on the first of the two editions, are two alternate versions of "Piano Parchment" (a 60-second edit and a 30-second edit).
"Elements of the past & future, combining to make something not quite as good as either."