Author Topic: Hi, folks!  (Read 109 times)

Sammy Reed

Hi, folks!
« on: September 12, 2020, 04:23:23 AM »
     I just discovered this site today!
     I have an interest in production library records, primarily generic jingles from Pepper / Pepper-Tanner / Tanner / Media General. There's just something to be said about the devotion, talent and sweat involved in writing, producing, and of course playing and singing, 30-second songs with such titles as "Menswear", "Gift Shop", "Clearance Sale", etc.
     My dad, Cecil Reed, worked as a sales manager & DJ at WBCV in Bristol, Tenn. from 1986-2005. I tagged along sometimes, and discovered the greatness of Tanner production library records. I dubbed tracks from them to cassette tape in the production room. Then in 1999, the station manager, knowing how obsessed I was with them, gave them to me!
     A couple of years ago, I sold what I had of them on E-Bay, putting what I wanted to keep on my computer before it left my hands, and have since got quite a bit more Tanner stuff along the way, via downloads. I'm still looking for some Tanner material that I don't have. I may do what other folks here have done, and upload & put links to stuff I have. I sure have enough to do that with, but there's other stuff in the way, so I have to squeeze in the time.
     This site is a production library candy store, where eventually, you'll find something you like. Thanks very much to all involved - in the site itself, and those who "rip", upload, and give links. You all do a great service.

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: Hi, folks!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 08:26:01 AM »
Nice to hear from you Sammy & welcome to the club.

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 10:19:13 AM »
Welcome aboard Sammy!
G.

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 01:51:28 PM »
Welcome to the candy store, Sammy! :)
| Stack |