Author Topic: onion rings library music  (Read 160 times)

lbelli

onion rings library music
« on: August 26, 2020, 02:39:35 PM »
yo

so i was waiting for food to be delivered at my house late at night during a munchies crisis, had ordered a burger and onion rings, and decided to watch an onion ring recipe compilation video on youtube to get into the mood until the food arrived.

i was not prepared for such good music on the video: https://youtu.be/TxIgPWzYoMc

reminds me of something between s. torossi - feelings and the some songs on the gran turismo 2 soundtrack - it has some sort of japanese disco/funk/citypop quality in the arrangement, with synths and all.

says in the description it's licensed to Audio Network. never heard of it, but i see some people have posted about it on here before. seems to be a big UK library label, started on cd early 2000 and is now all digital.

help me find it! curious to hear what the rest of the 'album' is like.

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: onion rings library music
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 07:59:10 PM »
Don’t know what it is but you win the “Best Subject Heading of the Week” award.

Moleoman

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 10:30:01 AM »
I've found the track. It's "Release Me from the Funk" [ANW 2797] by Jason Robello: https://www.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/release-me-from-the-funk_139808

says in the description it's licensed to Audio Network. never heard of it, but i see some people have posted about it on here before. seems to be a big UK library label, started on cd early 2000 and is now all digital.

Yes, it is big due to it being currently used (or in some cases overused) by many broadcasters in the world (mainly EMEA) such as Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, ViacomCBS, Canal+, TVN (Poland), JimJam (incl. Polsat JimJam joint-venture with Polsat), Minimax and others. Another reason for its popularity (especially in the UK) is that Audio Network is a non-MCPS library, and therefore they can set their own prices for the tracks or deal with UK customers directly.

lbelli

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 08:57:20 PM »
thanks for taking the time to find it moleoman, and for the extra info, you seem quite knowledgeable on the topic! checked out the rest of the record too, called Hyperfunk. other tunes aren't as good, but cool that they have many mixes for each song, like 6 to 10 mixes for each.

@retronic, thanks for the award - might be one of my highest achievements yet

Lord Thames

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 01:03:29 AM »
Audio Network got Ray Davies to do a new Button Down Brass album in 2010, so they're alright by me!