Author Topic: Chappell ‎LPC 1036 Music By Roger Webb - Paul Dupont And His Orchestra  (Read 841 times)

galipolis

Would anyone have the Chappell ‎LPC 1036 Music By Roger Webb - Paul Dupont And His Orchestra
in any format please?
I guess this is the rarest of the Chappell library LP releases under his pseudonym Paul Dupont ...
Thank you very kindly for your help :).
Kind regards, Klaus.

Retronic

• Administrator
I can't remember if I've seen a rip of this. I suspect someone has it and if not I can rip over the weekend.  Interestingly mine has a 'WITHDRAWN' stamp on the back cover and  I see on Discogs one has sold for 100! 

galipolis

Hello Retronic,
that is indeed great news that you have a LP copy of that rare Chappell ‎LPC 1036.
It would be nice if you could do a LP rip of your copy and upload it for me.
Thanks in advance for your help :).
Read you soon.
Kind regards, Klaus.

stackjackson

• Administrator
I don't think 1036 has been shared before, at least I haven't seen it.
| Stack |

Lord Thames

Here's mine:  mega.nz/file/Zhonwbzb#yVQjuXOWjHT4iyn5kk2Ig-uPvi9KGB15E5z175hOVLs

The record wasn't in the best shape, so it's not the best rip (but I did only pay 25p for it!), but it's one of my favourite library albums - every track is a winner, but 'For Deborah' in particular is gorgeous.

Retronic

• Administrator
My mate bought a Themes International 'Drama Suite II' for 25p in a charity shop in Kenilworth where it was "5p for the small records and 25p for the big ones".

galipolis

Hello Lord Thames,
thank you so much for the download link to your Chappell ‎LPC 1036 LP transfer.
I already checked and it sounds great to me.
This fills a big gap in my Roger Webb - Paul Dupont Chappell library collection as I only had the Chappell LPC 1062 and the LPC 1087 - Tapestry
so far and the LPC 1036 seemed to be so rare that it never popped up in the past.
I also love every library track on this LP - Roger Webb was one of the best. For me the "For Deborah" track is also
my absolute favourite - great strings and percussive rhythm arrangement here - and was the main reason for me
that the LPC 1036 should be available for other library aficionados in the forum.
Thanks again for providing the LPC 1036 to the community.
Kind regards, Klaus.

stackjackson

• Administrator
Oh great. Thanks, LT!
| Stack |

Retronic

• Administrator
Sounds great LT.

Flemming

Excellent. thank you Lord Thames.  :)

renren

Re: Chappell ‎LPC 1036 Music By Roger Webb - Paul Dupont And His Orchestra
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2020, 03:42:13 AM »
Thank you! My favorite tracks are "Power-Plus" and "The Bright Lights".

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2020, 10:17:28 AM »
Thanks, LT! Much appreciated

kimhill

• instagram.com/kimhill
    • Instagram
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2020, 01:43:28 AM »
Thanks, Lord Thames! Needs no disclaimer for audio quality- which is great, aside from a hum that's so small, it's basically only noticeable in the lead-in and lead-out, and a little noise in track 5. Overall, I'd put this rip quality in the top 20%.

Great music- it's sort of "easy listening," but much more interesting than I usually find that in library music. Mod & groovy!  ;)

« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 06:31:17 PM by kimhill »

Lord Thames

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2020, 09:45:40 PM »
I'm really pleased other people are enjoying this album as much as I do - Roger Webb's music really does grab at the heartstrings in a way few others can manage!

'For Deborah' was used as the theme tune to a Yorkshire Televsion play starring Ian Hendry called 'A Summer Story' which I am desperate to see (it was released as a single off the back of it) - YTV must have liked this album too, as they also picked 'The Bright Lights' to be the theme music for 'Miss Yorkshire Television 1971'!

For those who like to know these things, a lot of tracks from this LP were used as interval music between programmes on BBC TV in the 70s, 'The Bright Lights' also turned up on Monty Python, and 'Avocado' was used as the backing music to a Playtex girdle advert.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2020, 09:49:57 PM »
I love hearing all that stuff you have in your head Thamesy

:-)