Author Topic: Can we not add file attachment to posts  (Read 274 times)

GodzFire

Can we not add file attachment to posts
« on: August 08, 2020, 04:02:30 AM »
I was going to be replying to a number of Production Label posts with some text files that contain additional information and attach them to my reply as a txt file, but going to 'Attachments and other options' and clicking it, the only options I get are 'Notify me of replies', 'Don't use smileys', and 'Return to this topic'.

Where the upload to upload a file?

Mr

• Administrator
Re: Can we not add file attachment to posts
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 11:01:47 AM »
Heya!
Due to limitations in server storage we don't allow direct uploads of files to the board at the moment. This was active initially (and may be reactivated later on), which is why you still find the option for it when posting.

If it's a text document, however, just copy its contents as text in the post and post it as a regular reply. We allow very long text posts, so character limitations shouldn't be a worry.
Should you need any additional help, feel free to PM me or email me the files directly.

- Mr

GodzFire

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 06:42:45 PM »
The problem more comes in with formatting issues, and there being no real good way to post lists that utilize tab spaces.

Since txt files are so incredibly small for file size, would it be possible to allow them at least? That would solve that issue.

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 08:59:15 PM »
Not for the time being, unfortunately. I'll figure out a way to format them for you, though.