Author Topic: Universal PM label and album IDs spreadsheet  (Read 270 times)

Moleoman

Universal PM label and album IDs spreadsheet
« on: July 10, 2020, 11:05:01 AM »
I've just compiled the list of label and album number IDs of Universal Production Music's database (which by the looks of it seems to have set up since BMGZomba times) as it was on 10th July 2020 (the day I wrote this post).

This system is used by UPM and its subsidaries: Kapagama (since late 2012), Focus Music (in years 2016-2018, before it was folded into Universal Production Music UK) and Elias Music (since ca. 2019/2020, before then it used SourceAudio search engine).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aeGMgwvIDsX84B9pAXGNOPjP2BH7WIkZ/edit#gid=1173438683

I've obtained some codes from unavailable labels by checking them in UPM Sweden's licensing app site (which retains the 2015 look and unlike the current one allows to access albums unavailable in the site, albeit without any tracks or in some cases even covers or descriptions), for example with album FC-A1: h++ps://licensingapp,unippm,se/#!/browse/browsed-results.aspx?selectedLabelId=45&SelectedCDId=23459

As you can see, some IDs in the database are asigned to placeholder or custom albums, while what surprised me is that still there are remains of albums from labels no longer distributed by Universal PM or any of its companies are still there (such as Immediate Music or Selectracks, however the same can't be said for Cezame or UBM's 2000 series).

Andrew

Re: Universal PM label and album IDs spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 08:24:53 PM »
Ahhh awesome!!  Release years of many cd's where they never printed the number on them.  Thank you very much!!!!!