Author Topic: Unknown early 80s drama synth  (Read 10530 times)

Retronic

• Administrator
Unknown early 80s drama synth
« on: February 01, 2018, 07:18:33 PM »
Does anyone recognise the track at 00.17 secs in.
Could be a Coloursound, De Wolfe/ Rouge/ Hudson, Bruton maybe?  Possibly Sound Music album. Likely to be 1980-81.

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: Unknown early 80s drama synth
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 08:15:55 PM »
Bump.  Still looking for this.

musica.incidental

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 05:05:58 PM »
You wrote that it is maybe a Coloursound, De Wolfe/ Rouge/ Hudson, Bruton track... I ask you: which libraries were used in this serie? I'll hear my collection and if I find it, I'll write you here... Best!

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 05:27:22 PM »
Thank you. It was mainly KPM, Bruton, De Wolfe (and associated) with Sonoton, Coloursound, Sekected Sound and a few more.  Ive neen through these but might have missed it.

JMTeixeira

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 11:14:22 PM »
Hi, this is the closest Ive found, regarding that particular theme in the series.

hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRtfPiVXJxg&list=PLRRcfdXIVhK4DAv6XudmCxpRz8hbEwgJT

hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gznXClUKt-I&list=PL456A3E2B2A84B668

Im sure youve been through the playlists, however I did as well as part of my research for themes heard/used in NBA films. So far, ive missed that particular theme. Not to drop anymore confusion on the matter, but sounds like Monkmans compositions from the early 80s.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 08:04:26 AM »
I think I'll revisit the Sonotons- might be there.

musica.incidental

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 02:59:49 AM »
What is the % of descifrated library music on this TV show? I see a lot of videos on YouTube about its music... Had it only Music Library cues? Do you know about Capitol (Media the professional) and Major Records Valentino films and Tv Shows? (The Blob, of course...). I'm interested on all the libraries. Really like hearing libraries as a radio station! But, for my personal experiece (I live in Mexico), I am searching for many Capitol, Major and maybe Sound Ideas cues... Later, it was used Network Library too, but this is easy to identify with Shazam and Musixmatch. In Venezuela there was also soap operas with a great % of libraries. Top ten is telenovela Topacio with Valentino cues.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 08:19:50 AM »
This show and most Australian shows of the time used almost 100% library music.  'Prisoner' did have a small number of original cues composed for the show in the initial episodes but not many.  It also used a handful of pop songs including 'Human League's Don't You Want Me.
I have some Capitol and Major but not many.

musica.incidental

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 08:47:24 AM »
Thank you for your answer  ;)
   I'll list here the Capitols and Majors I have. Unfortunately for me, there was a Valentino page where it was possible to hear a few seconds of almost all the collection, but days ago I discovered this page it was eliminated! Selectracks rescued many Valentino tracks but not all.

My favorite Venezuela telenovela is Cristal (1985), and it's very difficult to identify all the music used because in it there are special music, comercial music like Tangerine Dream and Vangelis, accademic music  :o like George Crum and Nielsen, Major records music and also special edited "frankenstein" cues that take fragments of different sources, for example a fragment from Valentino, a fragment from John Williams... so I thought the cues were like I heard them but when I find them I have to edit!! I let here some examples from this skizo-musical telenovela:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqLy3fPFDrg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iVQfuJjiEs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfgnJ9bUekQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YceJU4wwvmA&t=5s