Author Topic: Southern Music Library 350 Reel Tape Collection • 2 Track 15 IPS • SOLD  (Read 460 times)

afunk

• Funktional Technologies
Hi All,
Thank you to all in the group who assisted me with this collection, It now lives in the midwest.

Thanks,
Andrew
Funktional Technologies
Vintage Tape Machine & Audio Equipment Restoration Sales & Service

Brooklyn, NY USA
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 05:09:10 PM by afunk »

crestwood23

Wow, what a mind-boggling collection - and right in my backyard. I’m obsessed with both reel to reel and Library music so this is right up My alley. I unfortunately don’t have a 2 track machine, or $5k for that matter - but this is the kind of thing that dreams are made of! Good luck with your sale, I hope it finds a good home. I’d be interested in some 4 track dupes of a few of my favorites at 7.5ips if that ever becomes a possibility!

Mr

• Administrator
What a haul, blimey!

A small appeal: would it be possible for you to digitize that catalogue before you part with it? I'll happily take it off your hands if needed - can't house (or play) the those reels at the moment though, unfortunately.

afunk

• Funktional Technologies
Hey,

I know its a heap of reels! I really want it to go to the right person,..Don't wanna give it a way, but a small offer can take it. Your in the UK?

Best Regards,
Andrew

digdeeper

In the event that this goes to someone who is kind enough to digitize it, I would offer my services as splitter / tagger.

P.S. I don't have digitizing equipment myself, funnily enough I don't even own a record player yet, it's something that hasn't been my top priority among the search for new music. I came pretty close to buying a record player a couple of years ago, but the guy in the hi-fi store was thoroughly offputting in his condescending purism so I ended up putting off the matter once more.