Author Topic: Identifying an upbeat Steel Guitar Rag library track on SpongeBob  (Read 281 times)

musictheorist

Hello.

I was wondering about the track “Steel Guitar Rag”, heard in the SpongeBob episode, Bossy Boots.

Some claims it is by Herby Wallace. From the albums HWP-1004  HW-9001, Herby Wallace's own production library. I dont know how Nicolas Carr got that track. Don't know if it is on APM or TRF Music at the time the episode was mixed in 2000.

I sent you a YouTube link. At 0:13, the music cue plays briefly for 2 seconds.

If you could reply, just let me know. It may or may not be Herby Wallace's upbeat cover of Steel Guitar Rag
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 01:35:17 AM by musictheorist »

Walk the Skies 202

Re: Identifying an upbeat Steel Guitar Rag library track on SpongeBob
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 02:13:23 AM »
From what I recall this track was identified on the SABAM database back in 2016. I don't quite remember how the info came about, as the music blog is now gone, but it was apparently taken from Sonoton SCD 293 - The Art of Slide Guitar, and at an unknown date, presumably long after Bossy Botts' production, Guitar Rag was lopped out of the album and replaced with a different track entirely.

There's currently an eBay listing from Germany for a physical copy of SCD 293, considering purchasing it but haven't fully decided yet (as I always do with any purchase I make).

musictheorist

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 06:57:41 AM »
From what I recall this track was identified on the SABAM database back in 2016. I don't quite remember how the info came about, as the music blog is now gone, but it was apparently taken from Sonoton SCD 293 - The Art of Slide Guitar, and at an unknown date, presumably long after Bossy Botts' production, Guitar Rag was lopped out of the album and replaced with a different track entirely.

There's currently an eBay listing from Germany for a physical copy of SCD 293, considering purchasing it but haven't fully decided yet (as I always do with any purchase I make).

It's worth it when purchasing a CD of library music. And what was the different track?

How did you know of the album and the track itself.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 07:08:44 AM by musictheorist »

Walk the Skies 202

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 07:31:23 AM »
It's worth it when purchasing a CD of library music. And what was the different track?

How did you know of the album and the track itself.

I believe it was "Greensleeves" that took Guitar Rag's place. If I had to guess where the album came from, it would probably be due to SABAM's info for the track explicitly namedropping Sonoton, given almost all entries' pages list libraries and rightholders for cues.