Author Topic: Looking to identify possible library music used on BBC show  (Read 332 times)

ssreverb

First two were used on BBC Top Gear, the show used library music on occasion so these may be from a production library. Any help would be greatly appreciated - these have been elusive tracks to identify...

Not sure, I don't think this is Ennio Morricone but rather some sort of knock off?

80s ambient synths, heartbeat drone track from a library probably or a soundtrack. This one aired in 1989.
Try to ignore the annoying siren atop the track and the Talking Heads song that enters briefly at end...

Thanks  :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 05:42:22 PM by ssreverb »

Craig-UK

Re: Looking to identify possible library music used on BBC show
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 12:54:19 PM »
No idea unfortunately. I do know that there are some Ennio Morricone tracks at BMG Zomba Scores and The BMG Production Music Library which is now called RCAL, both which are at Universal.

Herring Gull

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 03:39:50 PM »
Top Gear mainly used tracks from Extreme music and occasionally KPM, for example Alan Hawkshaw’s ‘Girl in a Sports car’.

For the two you’ve posted I suggest looking through the Extreme Music website.

Extreme Music.
h++ps://www.extrememusic.com/

ssreverb

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 02:41:10 AM »
The two mystery clips are from early seasons of Top Gear that aired in 2004 before they used much Extreme Music. In addition to KPM and Extreme, they have used countless others including: Atmosphere, Cavendish, Dewolfe, Studio G, etc

I think I've checked all of Extreme music. The psych rock one sounds like something more vintage. Hoping someone will recognize these, could be from anywhere...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 02:54:34 AM by ssreverb »