Author Topic: How did you discover Library Music ?  (Read 375 times)

madescap

How did you discover Library Music ?
« on: May 01, 2020, 01:09:07 AM »
Hello yo you all
I've been reading this forum and it's impressive how much information, ressources, and love there is for library music.
But i've found myselft asking how did all these guys (and gals) went into library music?
I often think there is a story to tell behing evey music lover, so i'd love to here yours ;)

stackjackson

• Administrator
Re: How did you discover Library Music ?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 04:02:54 AM »
Welcome, madescap. You might start with this thread here => https://librarymusicthemes.net/index.php?topic=3802.0
| Stack |

madescap

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 12:05:55 PM »
Thank you, my bad, i didn't see that thread.
This one can be closed as it seems

musictheorist

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 11:51:12 PM »
The Nicktoon, SpongeBob SquarePants, was the first time I ever discovered library music.

Then it was Bill Nye the Science Guy which also uses APM Music.

lbb44

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 07:16:00 AM »
Back in 2011, a Sportscenter Top 10 list was uploaded to YouTube. It was the Top 10 NFL Plays of the Last 25 Years. The commentator had such energy, amazing quips and nicknames, and his partner and himself had wonderful chemistry. I would soon find out they were Chris Berman and Tom Jackson, and just from that ~4 minute long Top 10 video, I was absolutely hooked. Not to mention, the music track (International Statment off Chappell AV34) gave the list an even more special energy. One of the most epic pieces of music I'd heard up to that moment. I was hungry for more, Berman and Jackson were so entertaining, so I went back to YouTube to see if they had any more things like that list. I found out that from 1987 to 2005 they ran a little show called NFL Primetime. I was enthralled, I mean these guys were just doing this weekly back then? Surely I was born too late. However, I was able to experience some if it, at the time many episodes were available on YouTube. I watched so many of them, and Berman and Jackson were just as awesome as they were in that first video I saw. Additionally, that epic song wasn't the only track accompanying the football highlights, there were more, and I loved them all. I was so overjoyed to find that 20 of them were posted to YouTube. They became my life soundtrack for a while after I discovered them. Years later, I found out they were part of a bigger world: Library Music. So, here we are today. I am a novice when it comes to this vast world, but I'm so glad to be here. I like that in this age of mass information, there's something so obscure that obtaining albums and even simply knowing about them is not always easy. The challenge of finding library music is so fun, I've already acquired about ~30 album rips, god knows I haven't listened to them all in full yet (one day I will lol) and I'm always on the prowl for more. There you have it, there's my Library Origin.