Author Topic: A complete documentary about library music  (Read 343 times)

n6

• music begins where words leave off...
A complete documentary about library music
« on: April 13, 2020, 10:43:42 AM »
Hi,

I wanted to know if it was possible and allowed to post on LMT the full documentary "The Library Music Film" directed by Paul Elliott and Sean Lamberth in 2018. Shawn Lee presents this documentary.

This is a DVD which is no longer available on Amazon but which is still available on itunes on VOD to rent or to buy.

here is the description

« Library Music was composed and recorded specifically as an ‘off the shelf’ option for use in film, broadcasts and advertising. It was cheaper than commissioning a composer, it was written to cover every genre, instrument and atmosphere. The Golden Era of Library Music ran from the late Sixties to the mid-Eighties with access to full orchestras in the very best studios, with the best engineers and recording equipment. Today this music has a loyal, global following of DJs, beat- and tastemakers, producers, journalists and vinyl enthusiasts. Library Music tracks have been sampled to form the backbone to some of the biggest, chart topping singles by contemporary artists. »

This is a 2.27gb DVD rip zipfile that lasts 1 hour and 53 minutes plus the extras that I found on the web.
It took me over 3 days to download it due to the low speed of the file host website.

If it’s OK, let me know which host i can uploading it for better download speed.

This documentary is simply fantastic! I think it should be seen by all of us from a cultural point of view!
This is the first time that there has been such a serious documentary about illustration music. Never seen before…

This documentary is in original English version without subtitles, except for the Italian and French musicians who are interviewed in their original language and who are subtitled in English.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl2V8xJxq_b8NNOUOu_N6KA

There is also an LP from the documentary that I do not have, with a very good tracklisting and that I am trying to "recreate" myself in lossless with difficulty, not always having the original albums in good quality. Besides, maybe someone among you has it? Sharing would be welcome!

https://thelibrarymusicfilm.bandcamp.com/album/the-library-music-film-music-from-and-inspired-by-the-film

See you soon…
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 11:21:59 AM by n6 »

KWANTUM ASSASSIN

Re: A complete documentary about library music
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 11:14:01 AM »
Yes please !

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 11:46:36 AM »
Sorry to be a party pooper; as a general rule we have always avoided posting stuff that can be paid for elsewhere.  I want the artists to get their dues.  Fair enough if something is out of print or was never available- and I'm not saying we always get it right but from day one that was always my ethos.  I would hold off and the LP is getting a reprint in November I see. 

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 11:54:05 AM »
from Bendcamp:
"2nd pressing - SHIPS FROM END OF NOVEMBER! - this pressing will definitely be the final pressing"
"Sold Out"

Ok, but november 2019 or 2020?
In any case, the second pressing, which will be definitely the last one, is sold out.
G.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 12:00:14 PM »
Fair enough. I have a FLAC rip from the LP.....

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 12:04:09 PM »
Me too, I was about to post it when I saw your post.
Should I public the link?
G.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 12:06:27 PM »
Yes, go for it

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 12:26:19 PM »
Ok, here it is, flac.

mediafire.com/file/lszzxxyt3xhqwra/TLMF.zip/file

link active for two weeks
G.

n6

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 12:32:26 PM »
I fully understand Retronic's position and I share it too. It’s not that bad for the LP because by looking for a little, you can recreate the tracklisting from the original albums.
Anyway, thank you very much Greta for the link !  :)

It goes more about this excellent documentary, very interesting and where we finally see the musicians who are behind many of the recordings that we love.

In fact, I’m addressing more specifically to LMT administrators to know if it’s a good thing to post this documentary here.

I prefer to ask first, not wanting to disrespect anyone and just wanting to respect the general philosophy of this forum, what I understand perfectly.

Thanks  ;)

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 12:45:46 PM »
It goes back to the very early days of the first forum back in 2012 (I think)- we always had a good thing going and didn't want to draw attention to ourselves and so erred on the side of caution. 

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2020, 02:09:11 PM »
For community reviews of this film, see the earlier link => https://librarymusicthemes.net/index.php?topic=67.15

I agree with Retro. For those interested, the video is easily available to purchase/view elsewhere.
| Stack |

n6

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2020, 04:38:56 PM »
OK, thanks for your information and recommendations.
So I decided not to offer this documentary.

The good one is that on itunes, by renting or buying the video,
you can benefit from the subtitles in your language.

Thank you all  :)

PrimeEvil

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2020, 07:13:43 AM »
Sadly I've never been able to find it anywhere to stream. iTunes included.
-= Prîm€ €vîL =-

potzorbie

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2020, 10:58:33 PM »
I have in the Request section a collection of almost all the songs featured in the doc. I'm only missing a few tracks.