Author Topic: Third Ear Band (National-Balkan Ensemble) (Standard Library ESL 112) (plus...)  (Read 195 times)

tezeta

Here's a wonderful collection tunes never officially released by the Third Ear Band, "Unreleased Sessions", which includes three tracks which were recorded in 1968 and released on the Standard library label (according to Lord Thames) "via Ron Geesin, who apparently passed on the tapes to Essex Music." Those three tracks are presented here along with a rare Top Gear session from July 1969 and another one from Beat Club in 1971.

If you're a fan of this, please consider buying the upcoming reissue of their second record, aka Elements, from Esoteric Recordings, which is remastered and includes many more rarities!
www.cherryred.co.uk/product/third-ear-band-third-ear-band-elements-1970-71-3cd-remastered-expanded-digipak-edition/

mega.nz/#F!JWA1WCZK!n_8qcXGv9Vz9iLMC89dMYQ

discogs.com/Various-National-Balkan-Ensemble-Comedy-Links-And-Bridges/release/3421301

« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 06:01:45 AM by tezeta »

Greta

• Administrator
Thank you Tezeta.
Weird.
G.

tezeta

Thank you Tezeta.
Weird.

You're very welcome Greta. Weird is good for me! Third Ear Band are an essential part of the psychedelic scene in my book. :)

Greta

• Administrator
Yeah. "Weird" always has a positive sense for me. That's what I meant.
G.

roope

Thank you very much! Super interesting!

Flemming

Thanks a lot tezeta!  :)

danwangwa

Thanks a lot :)

Rocco

Thanks a million, Tezeta, for sharing these interesting recordings. I love Third Ear Band.

ericmivalstoothbrush

Thanks tezeta. I love weird, too! Funnily enough I was about to re-watch Polanski's Macbeth later today - which has a soundtrack by Third Ear Band!