Author Topic: Macy's Thanksgiving Parade Verizon live stream - Christmas orchestral music cues  (Read 23 times)

ccampbell

For anyone interested in Christmas orchestral library music, there's quite a lot of it used in the Verizon live stream of the 2020 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade:

It's actually kind of interesting to watch, warts and all (there are lots of little glitches).  It's mostly behind the scenes of the parade, capturing the performers warming up and waiting to march to the "main stage" in front of Macy's where their performances are broadcast by NBC.  Verizon apparently didn't obtain the rights to broadcast the music actually performed during the parade, so they overlay their footage with this production music, a lot of which I was able to locate on the APM website.  They pulled tracks from the following, among others:

KPM KPM-0480 "Cinema Classics 2"
JW Media Music JW-2190 "Christmas Wonderland"
Soho SOHO-0201 "Christmas Morning"
Juice Music JM-0024 "Christmas Cheer"

Enjoy!  Hope watching this will put you in a holiday mood!  If you're curious about any particular cues, let me know the timestamp and I'll let you know the name if I know it.

Chris