Author Topic: Does anyone has any of the Capitol Hi-Q Library Albums?  (Read 8426 times)

Pegbars

Re: Does anyone has any of the Capitol Hi-Q Library Albums?
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2020, 04:39:28 AM »
Here is all what I have:

Capitol Media Music
https://mega.nz/folder/DbIQjQLT#YjS_uMGY9rTYfug7vS8fMA

Oops... I noticed at least one mistake in the Media Music collection.  The tracks you have listed as MM Volume 1, disc 1 are mislabeled.  They are actually the Outdoor Life and Supersoundic cuts from disc 8. 

The Volume 1 disc 8 tracks are listed correctly.
Soaring Strings!

Lexboro

« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2020, 10:10:59 AM »

Oops... I noticed at least one mistake in the Media Music collection.  The tracks you have listed as MM Volume 1, disc 1 are mislabeled.  They are actually the Outdoor Life and Supersoundic cuts from disc 8. 

The Volume 1 disc 8 tracks are listed correctly.

oh...  :(

Thanks for the hint !! Andrew posted a very interesting update. With that in mind, I'll be reviewing, updating, and tagging everything. Is then available updated on MegaNZ. But takes a few days...

Uvuzau

« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2020, 11:19:41 AM »
thanks for this, Series D is awesome

kellylynchpin

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2020, 03:36:27 AM »
Here is all what I have:

My friend, you have ended a 50+ year search for so much music, but especially Spencer Moore's Big City Dramatic pieces. These sultry, melancholy pieces were used in the opening billboard of Desilu Playhouse's presentation of The Untouchables, and used prominently in great effect a later episode entitled The Ginnie Littlesmith Story and another called Ring of Terror.
(This is a rip of a French DVD, starting at one of the cues -- just for reference.)

In addition to Nelson Riddle's original themes for the program, it was Moore's piece that my father's absolute, all-time favorite. I'm almost in tears hearing these tracks and their various versions in near-perfect quality. He would have been pleased.

This overall thread has been a godsend for my project: https://theuntouchables.co/

Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 12:36:23 AM by kellylynchpin »

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2020, 03:43:18 AM »

This overall thread has been a godsend for my project: https://theuntouchables.co/

Fantastic site, kellylynchpin! And what a thrill to see such a happy ending to your 50+ year search.
| Stack |

Andrew

« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2020, 10:00:19 AM »
That is great to hear kellylynchpin!  Thank you for sharing your story!

kellylynchpin

« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2020, 03:09:28 PM »
Thank you friends. My dad had recorded music from this episode (and dozens of others) on a reel-to-reel machine back in the day (doing his best to edit out dialogue and sound effects to try and create "complete" pieces of music), and he digitized the recording before he passed away...When I issued the teaser for my project, I used his edit of one of the Big City Dramatic cues in the section dedicated to him. (I always called this piece the "The Crying Saxophone" cause just listen to it! Haha.)

I'm beyond enthralled to have Moore's work, to say nothing of all the great pieces from Loose, Cadkin, Cookerly, Hormel, Seely, Fox, Glindemann, etc. Now I don't have to edit out the sound effects  ;D

https://youtu.be/0MMxDg5cpow?t=463 (link starts at the dedication part)

Now to go unearth Riddle's original work somewhere...I have a sneaking suspicion that Riddle MAY have been influenced by Moore's work, as the Main Title piece is the first "music" we ever see associated with the Untouchables in Desilu's original Playhouse opening:

There are a lot of sonic similarities between Big City Dramatic and the various Untouchables cues (including the show's main theme) and from what I can tell, Riddle recorded all of his pieces on October 5th, 1959 -- about ten days before the first episode of the first season premiered.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 03:16:52 PM by kellylynchpin »

Lexboro

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2020, 07:36:08 PM »
Here is all what I have:

My friend, you have ended a 50+ year search for so much music.....

I have much more but since some weeks not enough time for a update :( If you are in Soulseek, send me a message, and I will give you access to all my files. I am sure, you'll find some more for your project ;)