Author Topic: Aku no kafu -- The flowers of evil -- Les fleurs du mal  (Read 248 times)

likedeeler

Aku no kafu -- The flowers of evil -- Les fleurs du mal
« on: November 26, 2021, 01:27:29 AM »
https://www.discogs.com/release/9533111-Various-%E6%83%A1%E3%81%AE%E8%8A%B1%E8%AD%9C-Aku-No-Kafu

I don't really know what to say. My Japanese is not very strong. This is a soundtrack, I think. Enjoy!

If you can.

>> meg@.nz/file/IsAGQBBY#q9gq6I1Ns5OxeIqp3E_s_9Cy3bI0VvrBXcKd7sE1mLU

« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 12:19:46 AM by likedeeler »

keir

Re: Aku no kafu
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 03:30:16 PM »
thanks for this! I already knew Asa-Chang & Junray.

keir

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 03:55:23 PM »
It seems that it's related to an anime tv series based on a manga - 惡の花譜 [Aku No Hana] (The Flowers Of Evil). Apparently it was the first anime series based on rotoscoping.

The full title of this seems to be:
アニメ「惡の華」コンセプトE.P.「惡の花譜」
Anime "Aku No Hana" Concept E.P. "Aku No Kafu"

As far as I can tell (with my almost non-existent Japanese) Aku No Hana and Aku No Kafu mean the same thing, and the title Aku No Kafu only seems to have been used in connection with this EP, so what the semantics of it are are a mystery to me.

likedeeler

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 12:34:16 AM »
It seems that it's related to an anime tv series based on a manga - 惡の花譜 [Aku No Hana] (The Flowers Of Evil). Apparently it was the first anime series based on rotoscoping.

Excellent! Now that I know the English translation of the title it's much easier to find more info. I put it in the topic headline.

I stumbled on this by total accident. Didn't know what to expect, but for me Japanese stuff almost invariably turns out interesting.

I put it on, listened to the first track and was completely mesmerised. This piece of music is so fucking weird, merciless, relentless, threatening, dark.

I fell in love immediately and sought out other works by Asa-Chang & Junray. I also ordered one CD from Japan I could not find as a download anywhere. I'm going to post it in the not-too-far future, I think.

Got to check out the anime, too.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 12:37:09 AM by likedeeler »