Author Topic: The dividing line  (Read 698 times)

kimhill

• Instagram
Re: The dividing line
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2021, 01:53:49 AM »
Well, I guess it's time to revisit some actual Muzak albums for your listening pleasure. Enjoy the real McCoy.

Thanks! I'm really enjoying them, which raises some interesting questions to think about. How we perceive/consume music over multi-decade time scales etc. As a kid/teen I would have had contempt for this, like essentially everyone else in my age cohort.

stackjackson

• Administrator
    • GrooveRevolution
Re: The dividing line
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2021, 02:40:07 AM »
Well, I guess it's time to revisit some actual Muzak albums for your listening pleasure. Enjoy the real McCoy.

Thanks! I'm really enjoying them, which raises some interesting questions to think about. How we perceive/consume music over multi-decade time scales etc. As a kid/teen I would have had contempt for this, like essentially everyone else in my age cohort.

I hear ya'. I got over myself in the early 90s just about the time the lounge/exotica scene hit here in the states. I was a real record store a**hole before then, typical music snob, but finally dropped my pretensions and let myself enjoy stuff I had always quietly appreciated. Nostalgia for the ambient sounds of my youth, and the moods of earlier eras, also helped to free my ears.
| Stack |