Author Topic: Unknown Sam & Simian cues  (Read 448 times)

Dima22112003

Unknown Sam & Simian cues
« on: October 09, 2021, 09:05:53 AM »
Help me identify what any music used for Sam & Simian cartoon and one music was used from Mr. Magoo cartoon Magoo Meets Boing Boing?

smazzini016

Re: Unknown Sam & Simian cues
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 03:51:45 AM »
I don't have a name for it, but I believe it was part of the Gordon Zahler library. Around this time, Walter Lantz would often times license some of his old scores to be reused by the Zahler library.

IMDB lists Eugene Poddany as the composer, though I really can't confirm or deny that. (There are no onscreen credits)

apmnut2

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 05:29:44 AM »
Actually, I think this is Walter Greene. I don't have a name, however, but a LOT of his cues wound up in the Zahler library.

Dima22112003

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 01:14:40 PM »
I'm sure! Did you have some records of Zahler library, or not?

smazzini016

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 04:09:29 AM »
I'm sure! Did you have some records of Zahler library, or not?

No one has any General Music Corp. records, and no one knows where to even find one. Quite frankly, I don't even think any records were created to begin with. If my research is correct, Zahler did music/sound effects post-production work completely in-house at his studio.

I may still be proven wrong, but, for the time being, this is where it all stands. Unless some official Walter lantz soundtrack compilation somehow springs up (like the Carl Stalling and Scott Bradley CDs), you probably won't find a copy of this track nor many other Zahler library cues.