Author Topic: Hello and Thank You!  (Read 483 times)

DizFreak13

• Registered
Hello and Thank You!
« on: January 28, 2021, 11:08:49 AM »
Hello all!

Been perusing since the beginning of the quarantine, but just introducing myself now! What a fantastic community this is and I'm excited to be a part of it. I grew up in Southern California and I got into production music I think mainly because of my major interest in Disneyland history. It's no secret on here that many of Jack Wagner's compilations for various Area Music around the park in the 70s (most famously the Peoplemover) stems from the highly popular Capitol Media Music albums, which seems to be among the collective favorites on here.

I also just think that mid-century production music captures a certain feeling about growing up in SoCal (even though I'm only in my 20s!) I can't quite describe it, but it just... does.

Anyway, branching off from that I'm huge fan of the Conroy, KPM, and Bosworth archival libraries and am excited to discover (and maybe share, although my collection is still young) much, much more!

stackjackson

• Administrator
    • GrooveRevolution
Re: Hello and Thank You!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 01:51:36 PM »
Welcome, DizFreak13! Interesting info about the park music at Disneyland. Media Music is the paradigm for that early U.S. 70s sound, in my opinion.
| Stack |

Greta

• Administrator
Re: Hello and Thank You!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 11:21:52 PM »
Welcom aboard DizFreak13.
G.