Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 681 times)

O2W

Hello all
« on: December 11, 2020, 06:35:23 PM »
Hello all,

Cool forum you have here.  I'm into late '70s-early '80s nostalgia, and only recently became aware of library music after stumbling on to the catalog at Universal Production Music.  It's been fun to find quality rips of music that I heard tinny, mono versions of in the background of videos 35 years ago.  I'll be posting some requests.

I'm really fascinated by old TV commercials at the moment.  Lots of them used library tracks and some are really catchy! 

Regarding commercials, it's occurred to me lately that a lot of jingles and full-on songs produced for '80s ads were musically well constructed and really emblematic of their time.  I'm thinking of things like the Wrigley's Juicy Fruit song or "Coke Is It!".  I know these aren't library tunes, but I wonder if anybody here knows of any way to get quality rips of that kind of audio?  How about the major networks' "Movie of the Week" bumpers?  ;D

Thanks,
O2W

Greta

• Administrator
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 10:43:53 AM »
Welcome O2W.
G.

stackjackson

• Administrator
    • GrooveRevolution
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 02:47:56 PM »
Welcome, O2W. There were a number of jingles labels in the U.S. Check out threads here for the Pepper/Tanner label family, among others.
| Stack |

O2W

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 08:55:06 PM »
Check out threads here for the Pepper/Tanner label family, among others.
Thanks for the tip.  I'll check those out.