Author Topic: New Trevor Bastow compilation - Bastow's Business  (Read 2387 times)

Cymande75

New Trevor Bastow compilation - Bastow's Business
« on: August 28, 2020, 09:42:43 AM »
A sweet selection of Bastow's finest works. A great producer and musician, little known about the man any extra info would be greatly appreciated.  Enjoy
https://soundcloud.com/az75/bastows-business-a-trevor-bastow-compilation?ref=clipboard

effinRipper

Re: New Trevor Bastow compilation - Bastow's Business
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 01:58:35 AM »
Nice one. Been listening to your mixes lately. Great stuff!

Cymande75

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 07:43:21 AM »
Cheers Effin'

kimhill

• Instagram
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 03:15:06 AM »
A sweet selection of Bastow's finest works. A great producer and musician…

https://soundcloud.com/az75/bastows-business-a-trevor-bastow-compilation?ref=clipboard

Agreed- cool compilation! As a TB fan, I wanted to make sure I had these tracks. Half of them I couldn't find from TB on Discogs, though. Wondering if you could fill me in on these. Thanks!

1) Axile
2) Autoroute
3) PI
6) Millennium
9) Function
12) Savannah Gold
13) Nightlight

Cymande75

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 09:31:41 AM »
Thanks Kimhill heres the full tracklist check out volume 2 theres more Bastow magic on there too.
1)Axile
2)Autoroute
3)PI
4)Talkover
5)Synopsis
6)Millennium
7)Production line
8)Handle with care
9)Function
10)Better ways
11)Feather bed
12)Savannah gold
13)Nightlight
14)Soft Shades

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 02:57:08 PM »
PI, Millenium & Savanah Gold are under Anthony Hobson on De Wolfe. (DWSLP 3483 & 3504)
Auto Route is actually Alan Parker (Tim 1037)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 03:02:53 PM by Retronic »

Cymande75

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 05:17:47 PM »
arrrgghhh well thats a fail as a project but I enjoyed doing it... Thanks Retronic  I suppose that's why your admin and I'm not :). This is a great example on naming your WAV files more thoroughly, I've been recording a lot of my vinyl on  WAV format  recently and that must have snook in and I've not picked up on it. Oh well I'm sure Parker sat in the same room as Trevor at some point ;) I've just sold that Themes lp for a profit as well so makes me feel a bit better..

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 05:50:15 PM »
It fits in smoothly with the mix so who cares!   I sold one of the Street Levels way back around 2000 for around £55 (it cost me a £1)  :D It's chock full of drama music used in a very popular episode of 'Prisoner Cell Block H' and back then these tracks were hard to find so it was a desirable LP to a select few Priosner incidentals fans.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 05:52:19 PM by Retronic »

Cymande75

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 06:14:58 PM »
aye ill get over it...must have been ace to be involved in Library music early on Retronic when interests were still fresh as. I was excited to get into it all about 5 years ago and the prices of Burtons (my bread and butter) have rocketed even more since then. I've heard and read mad stories of skip finds and bulk buys for pittance in late 90s, exciting musical finds! I still say it must be one of the newest musical genres out there.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2021, 06:19:58 PM »
The prices astound me now.  Bruton was one of my early faves and because of liking Prisoner I was buying all the BRJ, BRM and BRI’s when no one really wanted 80’s stuff.  I’d love a Bruton catalogue.   

I have a lot of Bruton doubles I think.

Cymande75

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2021, 06:36:52 PM »
aye ill get over it...must have been ace to be involved in Library music early on Retronic when interests were still fresh as. I was excited to get into it all about 5 years ago and the prices of Burtons (my bread and butter) have rocketed even more since then. I've heard and read mad stories of skip finds and bulk buys for pittance in late 90s, exciting musical finds! I still say it must be one of the newest musical genres out there.
and I mean genre as in well known.
wow really! I have all the "big gun" Brutons now, easily over a hundred, but typically the two I have that I was lucky to get hold of have slight pressing faults. I've asked about  but everybody else's seem fine. so how's your frontiers of science and Darkside??. Mine both look mint but unfortunately frontiers has  slight background crackle through half of side A and darkside is snap crackle and pop throughout ,must have just lucked out as the rest of my brutons all sound great especially the Brds, which I have learnt to appreciate a lot more through ,lockdown. A fella called George Fields(sweet British hip hop producer btw) has every Bruton and  has catalogues as well. he told me he had 3 frontiers but his didn't have any pressing faults, I felt a little sick...
I remember rocking home to prisoner in my heyday early in the AM which saved my life a few times, brought me back down to earth nicely...shame I didn't appreciate the music as much as I should or maybe I did.. sub consciously!.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2021, 06:52:51 PM »
I think I have every one too. Vibes might have been the last one I got.  I think I have a pretty mint Darkside.  I bought it for some well known guy who complied some De Wolfe stuff and I think worked fir De Wolfe - I forget his name. I’ll check my copies of both. 

kimhill

• Instagram
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2021, 08:02:57 PM »
Thanks for the info Retro!

Auto Route is actually Alan Parker (Tim 1037) ["Street Level"]

I checked around for TIM 1037 / Street Level — found nothing live. Looks like a good one- any chance you could share that?  ;)

kimhill

• Instagram
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2021, 08:09:57 PM »
This is a great example on naming your WAV files more thoroughly

No prob- really enjoyed the comp anyway & learned some things. E.g. Anthony Hobson = Trevor Bastow. I believe that leaves 3 tracks TBD:

Looks like 9) Function is on Facets?

https://www.discogs.com/A-Hobson-Facets/master/763864

Maybe 1) Axile is "Axle" — also on Facets?

Which leaves 13) Nightlight, I guess.

Thanks again!

Cymande75

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2021, 08:29:23 PM »
vibes is ace!I try and get hold of anything Ricotti does, his movie soundtrack involvement is vast up to the new(but terrible) wonderwoman84 movie! , who he has worked with in his career is phenomenal grace Jones, status quo track rocking all over the world!! Bryan Ferry the list goes on as I am.  Thanks for looking Retronic your a star. And if youve got doubles of them...
Kimhill- good digging about, sorry I could have helped out a bit more but Nighlight is actually a unit 9 track on sweatshirt lp (de wolfe). Now I know he played on unit 9 lps but Im unsure if he definitively was on this one as he isn't credited for any of the songs which is unusual for Trevor to be that quiet on the album credits but as weve already discussed it doesn't matter if I make a mistake..:) and yeah ive just checked axile is indeed axle, I need a secretary.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 08:36:19 PM by Cymande75 »