Author Topic: Problems with editing/ retagging files = "error writing metadata" message  (Read 540 times)

Retronic

• Administrator
I'm still using Sony's Media Go to upload files onto my portable player.  I'm trying to change the artwork on some tracks but if I change anything in tagging it can no longer play the track.

I have a new laptop and there's obviously a setting I need to change.

It's driving me crazy!
 >:(

Can anyone advise me about metadata and why editing makes the track no longer playable?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 02:48:57 PM by Retronic »

stackjackson

• Administrator
    • GrooveRevolution
I don't know anything about Sony's Media Go, but I've had similar problems in the past with iTunes involving cover images.
For my setup, I found that the image format (and maybe also size) is usually the problem. I would have to delete the old image, convert to JPG and reload.
| Stack |

Greta

• Administrator
As far as I know the problem should be the image size. Try to reduce it.
G.

Retronic

• Administrator
Cheers guys!

bongo_rock

It's the season of the computer errors right now, it seems. Maybe my PC has got allergies as well as me?

My Adobe Audition CC just stopped working completely and I cannot clean any rips at all at the moment...
It just shuts down. I've got to look for another software.  :-\

Retronic

• Administrator
Gremlins!

Retronic

• Administrator
Nothing working.  It’s the same with both my portable players so an issue with Media Go.  If I change a title or even delete artwork it will no longer play. Is there an alternative ITunes style player that will read FLACS?

shadok

Nothing working.  It’s the same with both my portable players so an issue with Media Go.  If I change a title or even delete artwork it will no longer play. Is there an alternative ITunes style player that will read FLACS?

I don't know if it will help, but you could try Mediamonkey or Musicbee. You can do anything with these player/manager.

Some prefer the latter, i use mainly the first, they are perfect imho.

Retronic

• Administrator
Thanks. I’ll check it out.

bongo_rock

I use VLC Media player for listening. It has an excellent adjustment panel for the audio.

dboy

• All paths will lead you to library music

I don't know if it will help, but you could try Mediamonkey or Musicbee. You can do anything with these player/manager.

Some prefer the latter, i use mainly the first, they are perfect imho.

Seconded - Musicbee can handle anything and has many different settings for what you might need it to do. Also if I have any issues with images or track names I use mp3tag

Retronic

• Administrator
Sussed out the issue- Windows 10 update changed file permissions and created Read Only files I think. 

Still not fixed on Media Go, but will get around it.