Author Topic: Soulseek  (Read 2570 times)

tonyc1971

Soulseek
« on: December 10, 2020, 01:14:22 PM »
Hi All !

I think someone touched on this recently, but can't find the post.  However, I used to share my library rips via SS and wondered if anyone still uses it as no issues in sharing what I have.  Also, I've heard of a couple of dodgy download links, so if anyone else is still using it, please let me know as I'm sure others may be interested.  If members on LMT do use it regularly, I'll jump aboard.

I also used w@rezbb to download music also but that seems to have long gone and wondered if SS is still as popular as it once was ?

Cheers, Tony
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 01:15:57 PM by tonyc1971 »

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: Soulseek
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 05:23:05 PM »
I used SoulSeek fairly recently.  Usually just on there when ice pre-arranged to meet someone.

John_Fred

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 06:11:23 AM »
I've recently started using SoulSeek and openly share a lot of my content.  It can prove helpful when looking for certain titles, and the whole, 'share and share alike', incentive is a good one to have, but as is often the case, there are those who place conditions and restrictions upon that which they want to share, (something I must stress that they're entirely entitled to do and as such is their perogative), but it does leave some of us mere mortals in the library music sharing pool feeling a little left out in the cold.  But then, that's kind of the nature of the beast, I guess.  People use it as they see fit for their own needs.  There's no right or wrong way to use it.
Lift/elevator music?  Give over.

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 10:51:59 AM »
I don't use it as often as in the past (I'm "allergino" there), but it's still very popular in my opinion.
Also, as I'm on a Mac machine and got the latest "Big Sur" operating system, SS is not working good at all now for me, and just can't find a stable full-working version for Big Sur.
G.

stackjackson

• Administrator
    • GrooveRevolution
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 02:44:47 PM »
I don't use it as often as in the past (I'm "allergino" there), but it's still very popular in my opinion.
Also, as I'm on a Mac machine and got the latest "Big Sur" operating system, SS is not working good at all now for me, and just can't find a stable full-working version for Big Sur.

Downgrade back to Mojave, Greta. Personally, I refuse to switch to Big Sur.
| Stack |

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 04:40:30 PM »
Stack, Big Sur works seamlessly. It's just the Soulseek application not working very well, nothing else.
G.

stackjackson

• Administrator
    • GrooveRevolution
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2020, 08:53:31 PM »
Stack, Big Sur works seamlessly. It's just the Soulseek application not working very well, nothing else.

Ok, I'll keep that in mind.
| Stack |

Pegbars

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 02:41:31 PM »
I don't get on SS much, but if I do... feel free to leech from me.  I'm "Extract Here."
Soaring Strings!

AMEN

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2020, 03:58:37 PM »
im on slsk 24/7 o0oameno0o

kosmiksoul

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2021, 09:29:51 AM »
I've been on Soulseek for decades! The best music platform ever created to spread the love for music!
Take whatever you need from my user @kosmiksoul
Peace & Love

beccabear67

• General vintage music obsessive.
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2021, 09:24:59 PM »
I probably gotten some flacs from some of you on there, I should definitely add some of my folders to share that I haven't, including the big library folder, but I'm on there so erratically the last few years. I think I must have started with it over a dozen years ago, gotten some really good documentary vids like the one on Raymond Scott and another on the BBC Radiophonics Workshop there.

musica.incidental

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2021, 10:24:45 AM »
Soulseek is very important for me!! But a few days ago, I had some problem with Soulseek and I can't download nothing now!! I was downloanding (and sharing the downloads) a great collection of library music. When I had this problem with Soulseek, I was downloading great FLAC collections of new libraries (Intervox, West One Music, Berlin, Killer Tracks, RCAL) and new releases from classic libraries (Sonoton). I would want if the user who shares this collections is a member here (I think so because he was sharing our lovely KILLA uploads too). But I can't remember his/her username because I added him/her on my user lists, but I remember that username like JWLW???? Consonants!! Are you here?? Does anybody know who is he/she? Finally, another question: beyond Soulseek, where are users sharing their great collections? (My computer has Windows sistem). Obviously, if I get the solution of my Soulseek problem, I'll add again that great users. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

stackjackson

• Administrator
    • GrooveRevolution
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 10:34:59 PM »
... where are users sharing their great collections?

Right here at LMT, of course.
| Stack |

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2021, 08:45:09 AM »
Right on!  SoulSeek is great if someone is opening their folders to you to download en masse.  When my hard drive went down members here helped me glean it all back via SoulSeek but I like the more resonance touch of the forum, with images and a bit of chat thrown in too.

musica.incidental

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2021, 05:45:52 AM »
Of course!!! This group is the top on internet about library music!!!!!!
    But I downloaded a great quantity of libraries from this group members on Soulseek.
    I am still without Solseek!!!!!
    Do you know on wich another p2p apps there are members from this great group?
    Emule? uTorrent?
    I was really happy with Soulseek BUT...!!!