Author Topic: library records used as full scores AKA wolves in sheep's clothing  (Read 2759 times)

milliondollars

Re: library records used as full scores AKA wolves in sheep's clothing
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2020, 01:03:03 PM »
totally forgot about this one. have added it to the list above...

[Ariete] - ARLP 284 - Roberto Pregadio, Franco Micalizzi - Musica Per Commenti Sonori - used in/for Il Pistolero Dell'Ave Maria

then there is the Love Birds score (Bruno Nicolai) on CAM but even if this is in a library company sleeve, it mentions being the score to this particular movie.

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2020, 01:51:41 AM »
Yes, the CAM 'PRE' releases are all repurposed soundtrack music - and up front about it, no less.

I believe all the Ariete 'commenti sonori' LPs are indeed film scores. As most are unheard, it's a bit difficult to identify as of now, however.

milliondollars

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2020, 06:57:10 AM »

I believe all the Ariete 'commenti sonori' LPs are indeed film scores. As most are unheard, it's a bit difficult to identify as of now, however.

good point! you may be very right. only by looking through discogs i have spotted another one:

[Ariete] - ARLP 283 -  Orchestra Franco Tamponi - Musica Per Commenti Sonori - used in/for L'Amore Breve -> thanks to Mr

it's really funny because you have left this information in the liner notes of the discogs listing  :D

Lord Thames

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2020, 10:27:31 AM »
Just remembered a couple more:

De Wolfe DWLP 3068 'Flower Of Gloster' - contains music composed by John Snow (Derek Hilton) for the Granada TV series 'Flower Of Gloster'
De Wolfe DWLP 3102 'Newsdesk' - side two is music composed by Derek Hilton for the Granada TV series 'Spindoe'.

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2020, 04:07:50 PM »
More Fonit/Usignolo:
Bruno Nicolai's cues on UST 3000 are allegedly the score to Vittorio Schiraldi's "Lettere dal fronte". Though it seems to screen on occasion, I can't find a copy to confirm it. Paperwork checks out, though.

milliondollars

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 12:44:35 PM »
brilliant additions gentlemen! found another De Wolfe record that has been almost completely used for the famous Benny Hill Show, which is:

[Music De Wolfe] - DW/LP 3031 - Paul Lewis - History Book Of Music - used in/for The Benny Hill Show

« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 12:48:01 PM by milliondollars »

a8detective

• a8detective - YouTube
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2021, 12:56:08 AM »
     [Sonoton] SON 176 - Jean Clero - Pastoral Suite, 1982 is a recycled score by Lucjan Marian Kaszycki. Someone on a previous version of the board identified it, but I didn't make a note of which film it was from.

I just ran across this again. Pastoral Suite is music from the 1979 Polish TV Mini-Series Doktor Murek.

apmnut

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2021, 08:03:36 PM »
So sorry for the bump, but I'd like to bring up a discovery of mine.

Turns out a number of Dennis Farnon compositions released on Conroy and Chappell were originally done for various Jay Ward cartoon projects.

Specifically, the "Jazz Comique" suite on BMLP 040 was actually originally recorded way back in 1960 for the "Hoppity Hooper" pilot film:
https://youtu.be/0cjyp6znj3A?t=310

"Stay With It" specifically was originally the theme for the Hoppity series.

milliondollars

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2021, 01:45:15 PM »
thanks so much @ampnut! will add that one to the list. great find...