Author Topic: Sodafunk Bubblebeat  (Read 459 times)

Alikris

Sodafunk Bubblebeat
« on: September 14, 2021, 03:01:20 PM »
Just joined so felt I should say Hi, especially as I've been downloading things from here for a while now.

I used to DJ back towards the end of last century:

But preferably not mainstream stuff. Also really Unusual stuff few people had heard of. I sort of christened it "Speedlounge and Sodafunk Bubblebeat". Basically imagine Peter Sellers and Sophia Loren hosting an underground party for all their hip friends back around the swinging 60's and 70's. I'd imagine that I was their DJ.

Library music played a big part in what I'd play, but back then it was nigh on impossible to find. Literally no-one had heard some of the stuff I was Djing. I was invited to London to DJ at one of the big clubs but chickened out sadly.

Then, around the turn of the century radio stations and tv adverts started finding and playing the stuff I was. Then other DJ's started playing it, which upset me and I stopped.

Then the internet and blogs came along, I loved Funk Frolic. Recently I was looking for something obscure (French Cosmic Disco) and a Google Search led me here  ;D

Favourite films are the likes of Beat Girl and The Party. I love all music, I have an extremely wide taste, especially anything obscure. For example Iron Curtain Beat music (western music was banned behind the Iron Curtain but they could listen to the Western radio Stations and many Beat groups were formed doing covers or writing their own stuff). And then of course there's many Western Beat groups that never made the charts so didn't get wide exposure. So much excellent music. So little time . . .

My favourite group is Sky, which I guess shouldn't come as a surprise given their Library Music origins. I have literally everything they ever released, on all formats. Including reissues and remasters.

My favourite single? "Back In The USSR" sung in Russian by a Russian pop group. It's just amazing!

I'm also into Ambisonic surround sound, I've had an Ambisonic surround sound system since the 1980's. Current pre-amp processor is a Meridian one, they are the only company still to include Ambisonic decoders in their digital pre-amps. Which is a great shame. Unlike modern surround coding which is mostly discreet, Ambisonics is not restricted to any number of channels. Ambisonics is still used professionally to capture surround info (especially in sports) which is then modified and transcoded into Dolby Atmos or whatever etc. Indeed, Dolby Atmos itself is derived from Ambisonic mathematical equations.

Anyway, enough for now, Sorry I'm late to the group!

Ali.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 03:05:47 PM by Alikris »
So much music, so little time . . .

stackjackson

• Administrator
    • GrooveRevolution
Re: Sodafunk Bubblebeat
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 03:53:04 AM »
Welcome, Alikris. Happy you found us!

btw, none of your embedded images are showing up on my browsers. Odd.
| Stack |

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 10:27:59 AM »
Welcome to the community Alikris.
G.

AlexBoy20201

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 06:36:21 PM »
Welcome, Alikris. Happy you found us!

btw, none of your embedded images are showing up on my browsers. Odd.
do you have reel D-38 Hi Q Series