Author Topic: Interesting find on Gerhard Trede  (Read 726 times)

C0NN1E

• Hi, I like production music
    • My twitter
Interesting find on Gerhard Trede
« on: May 27, 2021, 02:25:26 AM »
Hello!

I'm a huge fan of Gerhard Trede's work. I was combing through footage of one of the newsreels he worked at, UFA Wochenschau, and I stumbled across an amazing find.
I found video footage of the man himself. Additionally, combing through the UFA newsreels, I heard a lot of his popular music that's been heard in games and tv, such as Jerry Cotton, Kommissar X, Strahlende Trompete, etc.

If you ever wanted to see him, have a look! He can be seen writing sheet music, as well as playing drums towards to the end of the segment.
https://www.filmothek.bundesarchiv.de/video/584332?start=00%3A05%3A39.16&end=00%3A07%3A10.05

I'm currently working on a video biography about him and I've managed to gather up a bit of information about him, so I'm quite happy to show that soon enough  :)
Being in the states has been a challenge in trying to research him, but I've managed so far.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 02:26:59 AM by ConnieJP »
C0NN1E

kimhill

• Instagram
Re: Interesting find on Gerhard Trede
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 08:38:10 AM »
Good research!

likedeeler

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 12:39:43 AM »
Fantastic find. Full-on 1960s Germany ...

I love Trede's music, but I had never seen him on film before. Thank you!

PS >> You've most probably contacted his foundation already. But if not, perhaps they can help you.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 12:44:06 AM by likedeeler »

jackie kennedy

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 01:23:26 PM »
this is a great find ConnieJP. thank you so much for sharing

digdeeper

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 04:46:50 PM »
A little bit like British Pathé only in German. As I'm German, I've watched a couple of Deutschlandspiegel, which used some great background music. I wonder where they might have sourced that music as I'm not aware of any German library music label that existed prior to 1970. The sound is very much like Selected Sound (Roland Kovac etc.), only I couldn't find a match from their first albums sadly.

C0NN1E

• Hi, I like production music
    • My twitter
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 12:25:55 AM »
To rebump this thread, I was able to get Trede's military documents. According to those, he served in 1st Battery Reserve Anti-Air Searchlight Division 618 in 1940 and was last recorded being in Tank Destroyers, Reserve, and Training Division 13 in 1944. It also gave me a more precise place of birth, that being Altona.

His birthdate is listed as January 17, 1913, which matches his birthdate on the official website, but not the account from Brunhover 2006, which lists it as January 17, 1917.

As far as any other info goes, not much left. I'm still actively trying to get the NDW/UFA music listings from his time working at those newsreels, but they've apparently not been "located" after they were moved. Impossible to know what university he went to at the moment too.

C0NN1E