Author Topic: 1st ever post here, but i needed to say thanks  (Read 455 times)

nadiesounds1

1st ever post here, but i needed to say thanks
« on: March 16, 2021, 07:12:05 PM »
hello all. I've been thinking about writing a post these days because i wanted to get involved a little bit more in the site and yesterday i got scared when the domain i've been using (librarymusicthemes . net) was down for some reason so i thought yes i need to do this asap lmao.

anyway, i'm from argentina and i've been stuck in quarantine since march 2020, and with all this free time since university was kinda light i've been getting  more and more into this absolutely unknown music to me and everybody i know (i was raised in classic rock and national bands mostly but never jazz, soul or library artists, all genres which i'm only now exploring). Being 22 yo its safe to say i'm pretty clueless about EVERYTHING about libraries lol but i love the digging aspect and finding beautiful sounds that otherwise i couldn't, and having no nostalgia attached to them i can experience them for the first time ever.

the other thing is the format: it was always pretty rough for my family to afford vinyls (my dad only has like their 2 favourites from pink floyd and a couple more from his family) so all my life i only consumed the radio, 128kbps streaming and youtube on the TV, so i've decided to actually experience good quality audio so i've been trying to switch to high quality music and saving for my first audiotechnica's m40x headphones to try and see if that makes a difference.

pretty long text but it's all to say thank you guys for your work, since i've been mindblown when i found you all were sharing your personal rips (even on FLAC!!) of this beautiful but unknown music to me lmao, i doubt i can share anything of value to you from here, but from now on i'll pay attention to the vinyls i encounter, and if something seems like it belongs here, i'll try to ask somebody to rip it for me and upload asap! cheers from argentina.

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: 1st ever post here, but i needed to say thanks
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 07:35:20 PM »
Great to hear what you have to say.  I love hearing about new people finding and experiencing it for the first time.

stackjackson

• Administrator
    • GrooveRevolution
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 03:47:04 AM »
Great to have you on board, nadiesounds1. I agree with Retro, it's great hearing from folks who are just discovering this whole new world!
| Stack |

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 04:50:20 AM »
Welcome nadiesound. Bienvenido!
G.