Author Topic: Music From Cartoon Planet (Space Ghost Coast to Coast Spinoff)  (Read 700 times)

felineki

For a couple years now, a few people and I have been researching the sources of production music used in Cartoon Planet, the spinoff of Space Ghost Coast to Coast starring Space Ghost, Zorak and Brak. Originally a cartoon rerun block on TBS, it included various sketches and musical numbers starring this spaced-out trio inbetween the cartoons and commercials. This "filler" material proved to be so popular that eventually an entire timeslot was dedicated solely to it, minus the cartoon reruns. Last month I purchased all of the relevant library CDs I could find and compiled a collection. It's by no means complete, as I couldn't find copies of several CDs up for sale, and a good chunk of music remains unidentified. Nonetheless, this collection currently contains 100 tracks compiled into a Youtube playlist, with FLAC downloads available from a MEGA link in the video descriptions.

Greta

• Administrator
Re: Music From Cartoon Planet (Space Ghost Coast to Coast Spinoff)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 11:03:59 AM »
Very nice project felineki. Thanks for the heads-up and for the chance to get the music to download.
G.

felineki

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 12:49:56 AM »
The Youtube playlist is now up to a total of 148 tunes! A good chunk of the newly-added songs are just MP3 rips from the distributors' websites so the quality isn't optimal. But they've been included for the time being for completion's sake. Should I acquire lossless rips of these songs in the future, I'll replace them.

Prolet

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 02:46:40 PM »
I appreciate too! There are some beautiful tunes. Thanks!

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 03:34:17 PM »
The Youtube playlist is now up to a total of 148 tunes! A good chunk of the newly-added songs are just MP3 rips from the distributors' websites so the quality isn't optimal. But they've been included for the time being for completion's sake. Should I acquire lossless rips of these songs in the future, I'll replace them.
Cheers.
G.